Friday, March 12, 2010

Review: NUK Orthodontic Bottles

Now that my daughter is no longer interested in breastfeeding, we have had to find a bottle that works for us. Originally, we were using Avent bottles, but every time I shook them to mix her formula they leaked all over me! No matter how tight I screwed the nipple on, they always leaked from the neck. Well, I had received a 3-pack of Gerber's NUK orthodontic bottles as a baby shower gift. They were cute and pink and girly, and I figured my little monkey wouldn't mind them because were basically the same shape as her NUK binky (which is the only pacifier she will take). Can I just say that I LOVE these bottles?

What do I love about them? First, they've got a nifty little plastic cover that goes over the neck, under the nipple, so when you shake them they don't leak. Second, as I said before, they are shaped just like the NUK orthodontic pacifiers, so it's an easy transition for babies who use those. Third, this would be a great bottle for a breastfeeding mom to use because the nipple is nice and wide just like mom's. They are also very cute - they come in pink, green, and blue with patterns of flowers, bugs, and boats. These bottles are available in both 5 oz and 10 oz sizes, and the nipples are all interchangeable. Oh, and another important quality - they are BPA free. (Not sure what that means? My friend Heather over at StorkFit has a great post on the Perils of Plastic and BPA.)

If you are hunting for the right bottle for your baby, give this kind a try. While I'm sure they won't be perfect for everyone, we sure do love them in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment