Sunday, March 7, 2010

Maximizing Free Product Coupons

Pictured above are the coupons I brought on a quick trip to the grocery store today, 3 of which were "free product" coupons:

-1 free Heluva Good! product ($3.69)
-1 free Excedrin product ($4.99)
-1 free box of Kashi Heart to Heart cereal, from Vocalpoint ($2.99)
-75 cents of 4 packs Gerber 2nd foods

All totaled, the coupons ended up saving me $12.42. The key to using free product coupons is to read the fine print and be aware of the maximum value. For instance, the small Heluva Good! dip pictured on the coupon was $1.99 at Hannaford. However, the coupon stated that it was good for any product up to $4.99, so clearly this would not maximize my coupon savings. I wanted to go for the large block of Colby Jack cheese at $4.49, but since my husband really wanted dip I went for the larger size of French Onion, which rang in at $3.69. Not the best purchase I could have made with it, but it made my hubby happy. Bottom line, make sure you read the fine print so you can get the most out of your coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment