Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dinner at Friendly's

In light of my recent Dining Out on a Budget series, I wanted to highlight the dinner out my family enjoyed at Friendly's last night.
I received an e-mail from the Best Friends of Friendly's club yesterday containing a buy one get one free entree salad coupon. Seeing as I wasn't particularly in the mood to cook last night anyway, we decided to use the coupon right away.

Now, let me tell you that I am not usually a "salad girl". I rarely, if ever, order a salad as my entree and generally prefer burgers and fries to the green leafy stuff. However, since we had the coupon I ordered myself the Asian Chicken Salad, my husband got the Kickin' Buffalo Chicken Salad, and we both had water to drink. (Being only 10 months old, our daughter does not eat restaurant food yet so we did not order anything for her. Although we did bring along Cheerios for her to munch on!)

When our salads arrived we could not believe how big they were! After tasting them, we also could not believe how yummy they were. I may even order a salad by choice the next time we go to Friendly's! The salads were so big and tasty, in fact, that we didn't even have room for ice cream. And I always leave room for ice cream.

Anyway, when the bill came the total was $9.49 after tax. While it may tempting to tip based on that amount, it's important to remember that the server does the same amount of work despite that fact that you are only paying for one entree. We tipped based on what the before tax total bill would have been, and got our dinner for under $13!

Have you been able to dine out on a budget recently? Feel free to share your story in the comments section. Happy saving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment