Friday, January 15, 2010

Helping Haiti

I realize that this is not my typical blog entry, but I wanted to let my readers know about a few different options for how to donate money to the relief effort in Haiti.

Samaritan's Purse
This is the organization that my husband and I chose to donate to. We wanted to give to a lesser known organization than the Red Cross that may not be receiving as much support. We were aware of Samaritan's Purse because every year, we participate in their Operation Christmas Child program, which delivers shoeboxes full of goodies to children who otherwise would not receive any gifts. (Our boxes went to Mexico this year!) You can check out what they are doing to help in Haiti after the earthquake.

The American Red Cross
Obviously, the Red Cross is a great organization to donate to, as well. You can donate on their website, or you can simply text "Haiti" to 90999 to make a $10 donation (the charge will show up on your next cell phone bill).

I'm sure there are many other wonderful organizations that are currently helping with the relief effort in Haiti, but these are the two that I am most familiar with. Feel free to leave a comment if you know of another great organization, and remember that every little bit helps!

1 comment:

  1. We would love for you and your readers to help us raise support at Savings and Stewardship by linking up/commenting - we'll be donating $1 to World Vision for each entry!

    ReplyDelete