Sunday, December 6, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Somehow, no matter how many bananas we buy, we always end up with exactly 2 that are overripe. What am I supposed to do with 2 black bananas? All the good banana bread recipes call for more than that! Or so I thought :) A few years back, I came across a recipe for PB banana bread and over time I have tweaked it here and there until it morphed into the current version. I've been making this pretty much once a month for about 2 years now, and just recently I discovered that it actually freezes really well, too!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 mashed overripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I suppose you could try walnuts instead if you prefer them)

*Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
*Grease a 5x9 loaf pan.
*In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs; beat well. Mix in peanut butter, bananas, vanilla, flour, and baking soda. Once well blended, stir in chocolate chips (or walnuts).
*Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 325 for 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
*Remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment